[pyddr-discuss] Suggestion -- KnoppyDance

David Bellows bfootdav at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 17 16:42:44 EDT 2003

You're right, and I didn't mean to imply that it had to be a member of the
development team that should do it -- it was more a suggestion for anyone who
reads this list that it would be a cool project.  I'm going to try to do it
myself but am having a very difficult time finding the information necessary
to pull it off.  So far I haven't gotten anywhere, in fact, but will keep
trying.  If someone has pointers, ideas, etc. I will do what I can.  The
KnoppiXMAME project stripped out non-essential packages, drastically reducing
the size of the iso (still like 196 megs) and then just added in XMAME and a
frontend (I believe) and left it to the user to add roms.  Adapting his
project should be even easier than what he had to go through.  Will see what
I can do.  The nice thing is this newest version of pydance is very playable
and entirely appropriate at this point for this kind of project.

David Bellows