Suggestion -- KnoppyDance

David Bellows bfootdav at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 16 19:05:10 EDT 2003

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this, but with the success of
KnoppiXMAME perhaps a version for pydance would be in order?  In case anyone
is not familiar with KnoppiXMAME, it is the Knoppix Linux distribution (built
on Debian) ,which runs off of a CD (no hard drive installation unless you
want it later), adapted for XMAME.  The KnoppiXMAME version boots directly
into a front-end for XMAME (the arcade simulator) allowing one to play
whatever arcade roms you've burned onto that CD.  Doing the same thing with
pydance would mean that you take your Knoppydance CD (with your dance files
burned on it also), mat, USB adapter and can play on any (well, almost any)
PC -- you just plug it all in, and boot with the CD in place.  I have no idea
how to go about adapting Knoppix (like the KnoppiXMAME guy did) for pydance
but this would be a cool project.

David Bellows