[pyddr-discuss] EMS USB2 Adaptor

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Sat Aug 23 17:15:20 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 06:26, Geoffrey White wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt reply!
>
> It turns out there was one little thing missing, I had
> not installed the joystick Debian package...  once
> this was installed I had no trouble running it as that
> package created the required /dev/js0 etc.. Perhaps
> the Debian package maintainer should be notified about
> this.... also it wouldn't hurt to let people know on
> the install faq.  Would the relevant person read this
> message or should I go hunting?!  :)

Hi,

This is actually a bug somewhere in SDL or pygame that I haven't had
time to track down - it should be looking at /dev/input/js0 rather than
/dev/js0 (almost no drivers use /dev/js0 anymore). I'll add it to the
FAQ on the site.

You don't need /dev/js0 to be a real character device; on most systems
it's a symlink to /dev/input/js0.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>