[pyddr-discuss] Re: Your application

The Doctor What list.pyddr at docwhat.gerf.org
Fri Aug 22 17:52:24 EDT 2003

* Joe Wreschnig (piman at debian.org) [030822 11:52]:
> On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 10:27, The Doctor What wrote:
> > Unfortunately, you may have read that this is yet another epidemic
> > and isn't just Outlook that's the problem.
>
> Oh? How else are people getting it?

I should have been more clear.  It effects *any* windows mail
client.  Just to different degrees.  I don't use Windows very often
anymore, nor keep up on email clients, but I can't imagine any are
paranoid enough to prohibit the spread of SoBig.f.

It's payload is in an attachment.  Anyplace that it can run will
spread it.  Though I understand Win98 and older to be immune.

> > Attached is my "Emperor Norton Anti-Virus" procmailrc script.
> >
> > If you swap out the bit between the {}s with '/dev/null' then you
> > won't see these at all.
>
> http://www.exit0.us/index.php/VirusBounceRules is also recommended.

That looks like a much more complete solution than mine.  Mine was
purely homebrew for my self.  I expanded it a little to work with my
mailhost (which hosts my Mom, and my inlaws).

Ciao!

--
We in the industry know that behind every successful screenwriter stands a
woman. And behind her stands his wife

The Doctor What: Not that 'who' guy              http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC