[pyddr-devel] gettext patch 6

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Tue Feb 19 17:06:01 EST 2008

Hello,

On Feb/19/2008, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> > > Don't do the make install, but then do:
> > > cd po
> > > msgfmt ca.po
> > > cp -f ca.mo /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/pydance.mo
> >
> > Thanks. What about without installing pydance.mo to /usr/share? Is there
> > a way to a directory it searches?
>
> I should take a look, but the standard way use gettext translations is
> in /usr/share/locale (all programs searches there, and as far as I know
> the only way to use the translations is copying the file there)

ok, I did what I thought that was not possible.

New patch is attached.

If you want translations:
cd po
make generate

This will create pydance/mo/....

If you execute:
LANGUAGE=ca ./pydance.py

It will use catalan language and will search the mo file from
mo/directory and, if it's not found, from standard directory.

Could you give me some feedback? (working? not working?)

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona