[pyddr-devel] Level an Difficulty sorting in songselect

Frank Foeth foeth01 at orange.nl
Mon Jan 29 10:58:12 EST 2007

Hello,

Sorry, sometimes I'm a bit too eager to get something done, I hope I
haven't offended anyone. I kept working on the songselect.py module (+ 2
lines elsewhere) over the past days, while reading a lot of code. I
attach the result.

I lost track of tiny changes. Main things (compared to 1.0.3):
- added level sorting mode. I tried to make it as abstract as I could,
but you still need to make changes in four places in the code to get any
new mode working.
- added a difficulty sorting mode to test whether ideas worked. I'll be
happy to rip it out again, level sorting seems more usefull (a "flatter"
distribution of songs over the folders) but it might be interesting for
people at high levels.
- when walking through a list of songs, the difficulty is better at
staying close to the last selected difficulty (selected by any player).
- I tried to make "typos" in dance difficulties less troublesome for
sorting purposes (when compared to what I posted before).
...(like getting rid of the small bugs I mentioned earlier)

I hope it's usefull to someone.

Yours,

Frank Foeth