players.py FIXME question

Frank Foeth foeth01 at orange.nl
Sat Jan 27 03:47:33 EST 2007

L.S.,

Upon reading through the sourcecode I stumbled upon:

  def check_holds(self, pid, curtime, arrows, steps, judge, toparrfx,
holding):
    # FIXME THis needs to go away
    keymap_kludge = { "u": pad.UP, "k": pad.UPLEFT, "z": pad.UPRIGHT,
                      "d": pad.DOWN, "l": pad.LEFT, "r": pad.RIGHT,
                      "g": pad.DOWNRIGHT, "w": pad.DOWNLEFT, "c":
pad.CENTER }

in players.py. I expect to go through all of the code related to this
renaming process aniway. While I'm at it I might as well try to fix
this. However, the comment is too vague to guess what is required. From
what I learned so far, the pad.UP etc. should stay, and - if I interpret
this right - the letters should go? Do you want the constants to stay in
pad.py, or do you want them moved to constants.py?

Yours,

Frank Foeth