New release: 0.7.4

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Mon Jul 28 01:40:51 EDT 2003

Hey guys,

We're skipping 0.7.3 because Linux Game Tome screwed up our version
number. So, here's 0.7.4, with two releases worth of features, in half
the time!

This release essentially brings us on par, at least in terms of
gameplay, with most other dancing games. We've got double and 6 panel
support, and also I think we're the first with 8 panel support, similar
to TechnoMotion (which is rare enough that no one on this list has
probably played it. :) New versions of SynRG and 6.January'2002 are
going to be going up on the website shortly after this announcement
(after I finish the Debian packages), with support for these new modes.
Many files online have 6 panel support, as well (often it's called
"solo").

http://icculus.org/pyddr/get.php
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.7.4.tar.gz
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.7.4.tar.gz.sig
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.7.4.zip
http://icculus.org/pyddr/pydance-0.7.4.zip.sig

As always, the ChangeLog:
----- - CURRENT
0.7.4 - In My Pants
+ 6 panel ("solo") and 8 panel support.
+ Double (1 player, both sides) support.
 - 'totaljudgings' option no longer works (no one was using it
anyway...)
* Song selector UI tweaks (faster animations, nicer folder opening).
* Respace the arrows to be closer together in single/versus.
* All 9 directions can always be done on the numeric pad for player 1.
 - azerty 2nd player start key changed to '+' on the numeric pad.
* "Escape" changed from left+start to start+select.
* Some more speed optimizations for slower processors.
* Some DWI parser fixes for bad files.
* 'usepsyco' option (on by default) to try and load the Psyco JIT
compiler.
- 'oldschool' and 'bryan' were removed (temporarily, maybe).

Let me throw in a plug for the latest TournaMix 4 bracket:
http://www.ddrmaniax.net/bttracker/download.php?file=tm4_7.rar.torrent
http://ddrei2.waiknott.com/~mindfkr/ddrei/tm4_7.rar

Good stuff, although you might need to convert it to .ogg.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>