[psychonauts] Expected performance on Intel Sandybridge?

Jeremy Fitzhardinge jeremy at goop.org
Fri Jun 22 00:18:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm getting <1fps on my Lenovo X220 (Sandybridge) laptop running Fedora
17.  This is definitely not a high powered gaming machine, but a lot of
things work surprisingly well on it, including things of a similar era
to Psychonauts (doom3-demo runs at 40-60fps, for example, and the rest
of the HB V games are working well).

Is this something that could be fixed by tweaking settings (I've turned
everything off in the menu, but perhaps there are other settings?) or
optimisation/driver issue that is likely to be fixed in time, or is
there something fundimental about how it does rendering that makes it
unlikely it will ever run well on this machine?

Thanks,