[psychonauts] Multi-monitor solution

Christopher Singley csingley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:24:11 EDT 2012

The path seems to have been fixed in the 0.2 release.  In my install,
DisplaySettings.ini is located directly in the game install directory.
 Thanks for pointing me to this.

If people are having issues using nvidia's "TwinView", whereby the
game window straddles both monitors... this is pretty common.  As near
as I can tell, it's caused by applications ignoring xinerama hints &
being hard-coded to paint the window in the center of the screen.  The
only way I know to fix this on the user's side (without patching app
code) is to turn off TwinView, and write an xorg.conf creating
independent dual heads (no xinerama neither; no drag'n'drop between
screens).  Then cp/symlink to different versions of xorg.conf &
restart xserver when you want to play games, and switch back to get
stuff done.  It's most convenient to login via console (rather than
booting straight to runlevel 5) and use startx to run X.