[prey] SDL issue

Dmitri Seletski drjoms at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:16:34 EST 2009

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

>> SDL button 8 exceeds supported range
>>
>> Did anyone come across this?
>
> This appears to be a bug: idTech 4 (or maybe just Prey?) should
> support 8 mouse buttons, not counting the two that X11 uses for the
> mouse wheel, but the current code has this incorrect test.
>
> I'll look into it for the next build. In the meantime, you could try
> remapping those mouse buttons to keys or lower button values to fool
> Prey.
>
> --ryan.
>

> ---
> To unsubscribe, send a blank email to prey-unsubscribe at icculus.org

I was waiting for this game before, i shall be waiting for it a little
longer :)
anyway, i have symlinked my own sdl file, same result. 32 bit library
seemed to work, but with same error messages.
" try remapping those mouse buttons to keys or lower button values to
fool Prey" not sure how to do it, but i have sneaking suspicion that it
might break my mouse side/scrolling buttons for Xwindows, i am not keen
on that to be honest, i know how to use xmodmap, but i decide against
it, nothing personal i really appreciate that you honestly told me there
is issue.

If you want to test patch that will help me with buttons, i of course
would be glad to help to test it.

Thank you!
Dmitri