[prey] Demo feedback

Matías Costa m.costacano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:07:07 EDT 2008

Just two glitches.

One with multimonitor. Looks like it detects 2560x1024 as maximun resolution
and tries to set it on one monitor. Of course, the monitor goes black.

$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 800 x 600, current 2560 x 1024, maximum 2560 x 1024
default connected 2560x1024+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   2560x1024      50.0*
   1280x1024      51.0
   2048x768       52.0
   1024x768       53.0
   1600x600       54.0
   800x600        55.0

I had to edit .prey-demo/base/default.cfg

seta r_customHeight "1024"
seta r_customWidth "768"
seta r_mode "-1"

And the default alsa sound plays with noise and robot-like sometimes. I had
to set it to oss.

Anyway this is due to id tech 4 engine. The same happens with doom3, quake4
and quake wars. The solutions are widespread on the net.

In any other way, perfect. Installation is straightforward nad runs smooth
with high settings on 1280x1024 @ nvidia 7600GT/amd64 3000