Demo worked great, looking forward to the full release

Josh Green josh at resonance.org
Sat Oct 25 03:55:41 EDT 2008

Just played the demo through tonight on my laptop running Ubuntu 8.04
system.  Game worked flawlessly.  Was a little sluggish, but that is to
be expected with my older video card.  Game was playable though at
1024x768 with lowest settings and seemed about the same responsiveness
as Doom 3.  Looking forward to the final release.  Thanks for bringing
this cool game to Linux!

One issue I did experience was that the URL links at the end of the demo
didn't open and I got this at the console:

Open URL: http://icculus.org/prey/
URL script: /home/josh/local/prey-demo//openurl.sh
system /home/josh/local/prey-demo//openurl.sh 'http://icculus.org/prey/'
&
galeon: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required
by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
galeon: ./libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required
by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)

Not a big deal though of course and might be something wrong with
galeon.

Detailed system specs:

1.86 GHz Pentium M laptop
NVidia Go 6600