[prey] Demo feedback

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Nov 3 01:46:00 EST 2008

> I hadn't thought of that..does that mean that Doom3, UTx, QuakeWars etc
> will work if I download them through steam?

I can't speak for Quake Wars, but I played through all of Doom 3 and its
expansion pack on Linux, with data I bought on Steam. I copied it to a
Linux box, dropped in the Linux binaries, and it ran fine. It looks like
the UT2004 and UT3 installs are also uncompressed.

They'll be sitting in "$WINDOWS_MOUNT/Program
Files/Steam/steamapps/common/$GAME_NAME" once they fully download.

Source Engine games (and probably others) may be sitting in a disk-image
thingey that you may or may not be able to unpack, but third party games
like Prey and Unreal are usually not.

Likely the UT3 Linux installer will support Steam the same as the Prey
installer does.

Also: I meant to have the retail Prey build out last week, but there
were several things competing for my time; I'll have it to you all
shortly, but probably not before America chooses a new president.

--ryan,