[postal2mac] Postal 2 public comment clarification

Robert Uyeyama uyeyama at hawaii.edu
Tue May 25 00:14:45 EDT 2004

Ryan,

When you have a chance, could you clarify what we are able to write
about?  I'd rather stay on the safe side, but if permission is granted
to report news, that is an _unexpected_ bonus, so clarification would
make me feel more  comfortable, since being on the BT team is a
privilege.

You wrote this:

> You can feel free to discuss the beta publically, or (for those that
> run
> news sites) even write articles about it, so long as you understand
> three things:
>
> 1) Please make it clear that you're discussing a beta product, so bugs
> and problems may exist (and hopefully will be fixed).
> 2) Don't give the game to anyone.
> 3) You're here to find bugs and not to report news. While you are
> welcome as a writer, you aren't here for your writing talent. I expect
> feedback.

Given the above points that we are foremost here to bug test, and that
any public reports must emphasize the beta nature of the product,

1) Can we write about specific bugs or specs, for example performance
issues (good or bad or neutral), compatibility issues with multiplayer,
compatibility with various hardware configurations,  etc.  (Again, in a
report with the strong caveat that this is a beta being fixed for
release).

2) I assume screenshots of in-game play are off-limits.

3) Are screenshots of NON in-game shots offlimits? (e.g. icon on
desktop, installer dialog, Terminal shots)?

Thank you

Robert
("Santaduck")