[postal2mac] Video Bug Thread

Robert Uyeyama uyeyama at hawaii.edu
Mon May 24 17:24:39 EDT 2004

Video ATI Pecularities:

All URLs for screenshots: Username: Postal2  PW: p33p33
VIDEO/GRAPHICS BUGS
My hardware & OS:  OS X 10.3.3 + ATI Radeon 9000pro
These examples while running at 640x480

1) ATI Purple Bug-- like the old UT2003 panther/ati bug.  Animated
transparent graphics appear purple.  These include a) smoke, b) urine
streams, c) emitted particles like sparks, and d) flame from lit match.
   Also the fireplace fire has a green tint to some of the flames.  I
have _not_ seen any cyan artifacts yet like I did in UT2003's old bug,
although the fireplace "green" might have been the cyan artifact.
	A) Screenshot: http://www.santaduck.com/icculus/magenta.jpg  (shows
urine, sparks, smoke)
	B) Screenshot: http://www.santaduck.com/icculus/fireplace.jpg (shows
fireplace flame)

2) Medium & Low Texture detail does not exist for some objects
	A) Set World Texture detail to MEDIUM or LOW.  Result: some items in
the world are totally whited-out or grey, for example your car in the
start scene.
		i) Screenshot: http://www.santaduck.com/icculus/whiteout.jpg (car in
start movie whited out)
		ii) Screenshot: http://www.santaduck.com/icculus/arcade.jpg (both
whiteout & greyout in arcade)

	B) Set Character Texture detail to MEDIUM or LOW. Result: all
characters are featureless grey.
		i) Screenshot: http://www.santaduck.com/icculus/character.jpg
(characters are grayed out)

3) Medium and Low Texture detail same for objects where texture is
visible.
	A) Screenshot: http://www.santaduck.com/icculus/mediumlow.jpg   (same
world texture... ignore the whiteout car... example shows high, medium,
and low world detail)

4) Settings Menu Items not legible
	A) The ??? in control settings is light pink on a slightly darker
light pink, and is difficult to see.  This is probably the magenta ati
bug from 1) above.  No Screenshot.
	B) Some menu items are totally blanked out, either all white, or
shadowed gray. Also, dialog boxes that follow are do not have visible
dialog text, nor button text.
		i) Screenshot: http://www.santaduck.com/icculus/menu.jpg