[postal2mac] First impressions

Cesar Barcenas cesarb at mac.com
Sun May 23 15:13:16 EDT 2004

Postal 2 is base on Unreal Engines.
You can always tweak and modify
your ini files.

Look in your /Home/Library/Application Support/Postal 2/System/

You can modify both user and postal2 ini files.  For custom
display resolution go to the following:

[SDLDrv.SDLClient]

And change the 2 number for full screen:

FullscreenViewportX=1600
FullscreenViewportY=1024

The above is for a 22" Apple cinema display.

Also if you haven't done so, search for the line:

VARSize=128

The number represents the amount of vram your
video card has.  By default this is set
to 32, so if you have more than that
you will need to change it.

Another tweak that I do, but maybe Ryan can
tell me more about it, since I have heard
that changing it does nothing to the game.

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=1024

The number should be 3/4 of real ram you
have.  So if you have 512, you should set
it to 384, and so on.

Cesar