[postal2mac] First impressions

Alex Wasserman a.wasserman at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sun May 23 07:08:46 EDT 2004

>> 9.  Maybe its me but the "police meter" seems pretty lenient, you can
>> lay waste to a dozen people, half of them cops, hide in a corner for
>> about 5 minutes and then walk out like nothing happened...perhaps if
>> you spent more time on the run?
>
> Some places are easier to get away from the cops than others. They
> don't
> show up when you commit a crime; you have to do something when they are
> watching, then it spirals out of control.
>
> And yes, they forget easily. The newspaper jokes about that on Tuesday
> ("police baffled by sudden increase in murder rate since yesterday").

I have found that dashing for a tunnel and just leaving the area, ie.
going through a Loading Zone will get rid of the police.
Even if you immediately return back through the runnel the police
chasing you will have vanished, even if they were right behind you
before. You do keep your police rating though, but it never seems to
summon police to your position. It just means that if they see you they
will try to arrest you/kill you.

--
Alex Wasserman

If someone were to ask me for a short cut to sensuality, I would
suggest he go shopping for a used 427 Shelby-Cobra.  But it is only
fair to warn you that of the 300 guys who switched to them in 1966,
only two went back to women.
                 -- Mort Sahl