[postal2mac] First impressions

Cesar Barcenas cesarb at mac.com
Sun May 23 03:47:40 EDT 2004

> 4.  The things in the sewers underneath the library are damn near
> invincible, close range pistol and shotgun hits to no avail..should
> have made that jump I guess...but then there seems to be more to
> explore down there so there has to be some way to kill the
> things...which look like skinned dogs.

Yes they are almost invisible, they are zombie dogs,
and not needed to be confronted for the main part of
the story.

Pass the game once, to make the next single player
game afterwards into enhanced mode.  Also cheats
become enable via a menu when you pass the game.
So you can explore the game with higher difficult
setting, and go wild.

> 5.  What the heck do you do in the Library anyway...besides try and
> fail to resist the temptation to sneak up behind Bin Laden in the
> reading room with a shotgun (he has the assault rifle so don't miss).
> I have the library book but there is nothing readily apparent to DO
> with it.  On the other hand, although there is only like..1 bookshelf
> texture, there is some nice architectural design on that board; look up
> at the glass ceiling for a bit.  You can also jump from the second
> level onto the tops of the bookcases below, doesn't do anything though,
> I was hoping for a medkit although I located the others.

The object for the library is to get out alive.  In one of the levels
they inform you not to rush, to take on one enemy at a time, so that
you wont die so quickly.  After you complete the library, you have
another hate group after you on the streets.

> 6.  On the first day, when the protesters storm RWS, if you
> "accidentally" shoot up the RWS staff...it doesn't seem to bother them
> much, they never return fire.

They are your co-workers, so they will give you a helping
hand on the streets, and help you in battles, but you
can turn them against you, if you kill enough of them.
They are tougher group to handle since they have the
machine guns.

> 8.  The shovel is too weak, you hit a guy with a shovel 2-3 times, he's
> going down, let alone 5-6 times.

Actually the shovel is the second weakest weapon.  Baton is the weakest
in the start.  But then when you finish the game the first time, the
baton had a enhanced feature with secondary fire.  You are able to
explode people's head.

The shovel also allows you to decapitating people's heads, play
soccer with them afterwards.  Or if you manage to train a dog as
friend, the dog will fetch it and other things for you.

> 9.  Maybe its me but the "police meter" seems pretty lenient, you can
> lay waste to a dozen people, half of them cops, hide in a corner for
> about 5 minutes and then walk out like nothing happened...perhaps if
> you spent more time on the run?

Depends on how far to the right the bar is, and how many cops there
are around you.  If there are still cops that are looking for you
the bar will stay there, till you hide.  Sometimes I had to wait
for 15 min to get the full bar down to zero so I can get to one
location to another.  As you progress in the games, you will not
only face cops, but fbi, and military personal.

> 10.  When cremating an insolent jerk who you had to terminate because
> he wouldn't sign your petition....step back after pouring the gasoline
> and before you throw a match...although that nice lady did offer to get
> me a bucket of water.

Yes, it is hard to burn someone with the gasoline before you go into
enhanced mode of the game.  Tip, you can also use your own piss to put
out any fire that is burning you up, just aim up.

After you beat the game, your piss is actually napalm, so burning
people becomed easier.

Cesar