Postal 2 for MacOS X beta test

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat May 22 05:47:31 EDT 2004

If you're reading this, you're on the Postal 2 for MacOS X beta. I bet
you forgot you sent an application all that time ago, but you did!  :)

Here's the deal:

- For those that missed it, this is a MacOS beta test. If you have
Windows or Linux, then I didn't read your email carefully enough, and
you shouldn't be here. Email me directly (and not the mailing list) and
I'll quietly remove you.

- The rest of you, start downloading!

  http://0day.icculus.org/private/postal2beta/postal2-mac-beta1.dmg
  username: postal2mac
  password: p33p33Hz

The file is big, like, 700 megabytes big. 733969712 bytes, specifically.
Do not distribute that file to anyone. It will stop working in a few
weeks (but we'll hopefully hook you up with a new build and/or be done
before then).

Now, your goals: test. That's it. Play the hell out of it. Go through
the whole game, fight on-line in multiplayer, try to break things.
Multiplayer is compatible with Windows and Linux client and servers.

Discussion goes to this email list (postal2mac at icculus.org), where
myself and the rest of the beta testers will see it.

You can feel free to discuss the beta publically, or (for those that run
news sites) even write articles about it, so long as you understand
three things:

1) Please make it clear that you're discussing a beta product, so bugs
and problems may exist (and hopefully will be fixed).
2) Don't give the game to anyone.
3) You're here to find bugs and not to report news. While you are
welcome as a writer, you aren't here for your writing talent. I expect
feedback.

Bug reports go to https://bugzilla.icculus.org/ ... Discussion goes to
this list. If you report a bug here, I'll probably point you to
bugzilla, so that I don't forget to fix the bug. Think of bugzilla as a
collective memory.  :)

Other than that, have fun!

--ryan.