[physfs] Moving to GitHub...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Tue Jun 29 13:49:55 EDT 2021

PhysicsFS is moving to GitHub.

I spent a few months on migrating SDL there earlier this year, and while
I generally fear giving up control to external services, I have to admit
it was a positive experience overall, and maintaining my own services is
becoming more negative over time, so I've decided to do the migration
here, as well.

The project can be found at https://github.com/icculus/physfs ... All
changes are going there from now on, and soon links to
hg.icculus.org/icculus/physfs will redirect there.

Bug tracking, pull requests, etc, are all happening there, and I might
even redirect icculus.org/physfs there eventually too.

I am also shutting down this mailing list. The archives will remain at
https://icculus.org/pipermail/physfs/ and I will make sure the Wayback
Machine has a copy in case the server ever goes away (although there are
no plans to unplug icculus.org outright). Since this list is largely
used for bug reports and patches, it's more efficient for everyone to
use GitHub's issues and pull requests going forward.

If you have a patch or bug report on this mailing list that got ignored:
I'm truly sorry, email is a terrible organization system and I probably
forgot it. My hope is GitHub will help manage this better, too, and you
should definitely (re)send those bugs and patches there.

I am available if anyone has questions or problems.

Thanks,