[physfs] Physfs4Cpp

Tóth Zsolt horvathjeno1944 at msn.com
Fri Apr 28 18:22:50 EDT 2017

Greetings!

I am Zsolt Tóth, also known as Metalhead33. I would like to inform you, that I have began developing my own C++ wrapper for PhysFS called Physfs4Cpp<https://github.com/Metalhead33/Physfs4Cpp>, as I have noticed that Physfs++<https://github.com/kahowell/physfs-cpp> hasn't been updated for two years now.

I have tested my Phyfs4Cpp (or Physfs4C++) with SFML by creating another class (which I did not upload, and won't upload) that wrapped PhysFs::FileHandle<https://github.com/Metalhead33/Physfs4Cpp/blob/master/include/Physfs4Cpp.hpp> with sf::InputStream<https://www.sfml-dev.org/documentation/2.4.2/classsf_1_1InputStream.php>, and succesfully loaded music via Physfs, meaning that the test was a success.

While my project is still in its infancy, after merely two days of coding, my wrapper has become able to provide a handle for playing music. Next time, I will be testing it with Assimp.

I would like to receive the input of the PhysFS community on my work, perhaps tips on what should I extend it with. I am also going to contact the creator of Physfs++, mostly in order to ask for tips and input.

Any input from the PhysFS community is welcome.

Yours truly,

Metalhead33 / Zsolt Tóth (horvathjeno1944 at msn.com, I will disclose alternate means of contact if requested)