[physfs] .zip directory information...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu Feb 25 21:17:42 EST 2016

I pushed a change to the ZIP archiver last night. Instead of storing all
the filenames in a big linear array, it now stores them in a tree, and
then each item in that tree is also stored in a hash table.

The end result is that some kind of wildly strange code, that hopped all
over an array parsing strings on every interaction with the filesystem,
is now gone. Initial loading, lookups and enumeration should all be
faster--knock on wood--even on really large .zip files, but more
importantly: the weird bug where sometimes PhysicsFS would fail to open
an abritrary file contained in a .zip should be gone now.

This code is all of 24 hour old at this point, so it's probably too soon
to ship it to customers, but I would appreciate it if people that are
using builds of PhysicsFS from the bleeding edge of revision control
could update and test their apps with this.

Thanks!