[physfs] Does PHYSFS_enumerateFiles sort or not?

Sik the hedgehog sik.the.hedgehog at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:01:34 EDT 2015

Going by 2.0.3 so you have been warned (it's still the latest version
mentioned in the site :P) Found a contradiction in the documentation.

According to the PHYSFS_enumerateFiles description:
"Feel free to sort the list however you like. We only promise there
will be no duplicates, but not what order the final list will come
back in."

However, from PHYSFS_enumerateFilesCallback:
"There is no sorting done at this level, and if you need that, you
should probably use PHYSFS_enumerateFiles() instead, which guarantees
alphabetical sorting."

Which of these is wrong? I recall the actual behavior was alphabetical
sorting within an archive, but sorting doesn't work across files from
multiple archives (mounted on the same place), but I could be
misremembering. That'd imply the first statement is correct, though.