[physfs] Compiling with MinGW on Linux

Gerry JJ trick at icculus.org
Sat Jun 13 17:04:16 EDT 2015

Save these lines into a file (eg. Toolchain-mingw32.cmake):

set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Windows)
set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER i686-w64-mingw32-gcc)
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER i686-w64-mingw32-g++)
set(CMAKE_RC_COMPILER i686-w64-mingw32-windres)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH /usr/i686-w64-mingw32 )
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)

Replace the names/paths with whatever's right for your distro. The above
works for 32-bit mingw-w64 on Ubuntu, replace i686 with x86_64 for
64-bit. You can also add more paths to FIND_ROOT_PATH before the closing
paren (useful if you've got a local install dir for this stuff)

Whenever you invoke cmake, tell it to use the file you just made:
   ccmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/path/to/Toolchain-mingw32.cmake ..

Then proceed as normal. That should work in general, but in physfs' case
you'll also have to edit CMakeLists.txt and remove -Werror before you
run cmake.

-g