[physfs] Compiling with MinGW on Linux

Jonas Thiem jonasthiem at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 13 07:16:24 EDT 2015

Sadly, my experience with cmake is that it's horrible for
cross-compiling, which is why I refuse to use it for any of my own projects.

I have successfully compiled PhysFS for windows, and I can recommend to
just hack your custom Makefile. Add all source files as object files,
maybe try to guess or steal the -llinkedlibrary flags from a cmake run
from a native linux box, and then just compile it using your own
Makefile for things.

I had to do the same when cross-compiling Box2D because again, cmake.
Gladly, SDL still maintains autoconf..