[physfs] Bug - "file not found" if path is substring of another file

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Sep 10 12:04:55 EDT 2012

> I believe I might have found a bug in PhysFS in checking for the
> existance of a file whose name it is a substring of another file. In
> the following code, I believe that PHYSFS_exists() should return
> "true".

Yeah, we just pushed a not-so-great fix for this problem in the
stable-2.0 branch...your patch removes code that was added to fix
another unusual case.

The existing approach isn't very good, so I put a fix on it that wasn't
very good either for the time being, and will rewrite this function
entirely in the development branch.