[physfs] PhysicsFS 2.0.3 released!

Brad Smith brad at comstyle.com
Tue Oct 23 00:30:24 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 12:09:20AM -0400, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> PhysicsFS 2.0.3 is now available.
> This is a stable, bug-fix release. As we are still source and binary
> compatible, all users of any previous version--be it 1.0 or 2.0--are
> encouraged to upgrade. New features are being added to the 2.1
> branch, which is not part of this release.
> You can grab it here...
>      http://icculus.org/physfs/downloads/physfs-2.0.3.tar.bz2
> ...or from Mercurial with this command...
>      hg clone -u release-2.0.3 http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/physfs
> ...or just stare at the webview here...
>      http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/physfs/file/release-2.0.3
> Notable changes in this release:
> - Source code now packaged in a .tar.bz2 instead of .tar.gz.
> - Fixed "make docs" for out-of-tree builds.
> - No longer builds annoying wxWidgets test program by default.
> - Fixed logic bug in UTF-8 string processing.
> - Fixed infinite loop on some .zip files with symlinks.
> - Enabled CD-ROM support on Haiku OS.
> - Fixed Win64 support.
> - Fixed OpenBSD support.
> - Fixed building of readline support in test program.
> - Fixed .zip archiver losing files in some cases.
> - Corrected copyright dates in license.
> - Other minor tweaks and fixes.
> Thanks to those that sent in patches! If we're lucky, this will be
> the last 2.0 branch release, and we'll start pushing 2.1 development
> branch releases soon.

There is still the issue of PhysFS 2.0.x not building on *BSD OS's
and other OS's with the POSIX threads mutex functions being in the
pthreads library. PhysFS 1 had a hardcoded list of OS's in the autoconf
script but CMake should be checking for the existence of mutexes
within the pthreads lib and linking if present.

believed to be clean.