[physfs] Making PHYSFS_FILETYPE_* a bitmask

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Tue May 1 17:22:51 EDT 2012

> So in the case a symlink that points to a file filetype would be set to
> PHYSFS_FILETYPE_REGULAR|PHYSFS_FILETYPE_SYMLINK.

The original intention was to match what most OSes do: you get the entry
from the filesystem, and if you want to resolve the symlink it reports,
you have to do more filesystem accesses.

However: what do we set this to if the symlink is pointing to another
symlink? If we resolve all the symlinks, what do we set this to if the
final symlink points back to the first, causing an infinite loop? What
do we set this to if it's not pointing to anything at all?

Granted, we don't offer a PHYSFS_readlink() API to report to the app
what a symlink points to, and we probably should.