[physfs] My shot at PHYSFS_stat

Christoph Nelles evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Tue Feb 16 10:56:13 EST 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:12:14 -0500, "Ryan C. Gordon" <icculus at icculus.org>
wrote:
> I cleaned up some things, but the biggest change is that I got rid of
> getFileInfo()...I suppose this is meant to be an optimization for
> targets that could get, say, file timestamps easily but not file sizes
> without uncompressing the whole file...but it doesn't apply to any
> current archivers, and I'd rather this use the simpler stat() interface.

Yes, avoiding unnecessary work was the intention. But i didn't like it,
too. I am wondering that you didn't throw away those ugly stat functions in
the windows platform file.

> Anyhow, you'll have to merge when you pull from my repo again, since
> even things that didn't get a specific change probably had tab
> characters removed, etc.

I need also to get the SWIG changes, too, so it might be better if i throw
my version away ;) I will send in another little patch to the archivers
later.

Perhaps you can help me with a short step list. I have a branch ErrorCode
i am working on and a default branch. Now i would like to throw away my
default branch and take yours again. How would you do this with mercurial?

--
Christoph Nelles

E-Mail    : evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Jabber    : eazrael at evilazrael.net      ICQ       : 78819723

PGP-Key   : ID 0x424FB55B on subkeys.pgp.net
            or http://evilazrael.net/pgp.txt