[physfs] Wishlist

Christoph Nelles evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Tue Feb 2 10:27:05 EST 2010

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:27:26 -0500, "Ryan C. Gordon" <icculus at icculus.org>
wrote:
>> SWIG sounds promising. Has anybody experience with it, especially with
>> C++
>> objects?
>
> SWIG can do C++, but only in limited ways. For instance, classes can be
> done; templates: not really. You can handle operator and method
> overloading, but it requires some tapdancing.

That sounds not so good. Okay, templates are really problematic, but i
hoped SWIG could handle them. I better don't ask about boost ;)

> That being said, a first shot at Perl bindings using SWIG are now in the

>   default branch. I'm still working on it. There's a basic definition
> language available to SWIG so we can make some things more Perl-like
> (etc) than a simple wrapper over the PhysicsFS API.

I have seen that. I made a clone of the repository on the weekend, but i
needed a lot of time to get Mercurial, CMake and Eclipse on Windows
working. I've worked yesterday on a stat() function and i think i can
publish a preliminary result for reviews on weekend, along with a whole
bunch of questions.

It's my first time with Mercurial and it looks hmm, interesting. Is it
really easy to merge development branches and keeping them in sync?

--
Christoph Nelles

E-Mail    : evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Jabber    : eazrael at evilazrael.net      ICQ       : 78819723

PGP-Key   : ID 0x424FB55B on subkeys.pgp.net
            or http://evilazrael.net/pgp.txt