[physfs] Adding Support for Custom Archives

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sat Aug 7 19:00:56 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 02:09 +0200, Christoph Nelles wrote:
> And if you have a stable plugin architecture it makes it easier to keep
> your new archiver in your own code as long as it does get into the main
> distribution if that should happen at all. Of course you can fork off
> your own branch just for adding your own archiver or whatever. But do
> you really want to keep that in sync?
>
> I think a little more flexibility would be nice and makes future
> enhancements easier.

I agree. A plugin interface should not be very difficult to implement at
all. If you look at the source, we basically just have to add some
methods for setting callbacks and describing what our archiver can do
with a struct or two. In other words, just replacing what cmake is doing
at compile time via #ifdefs with some runtime code.

If I had the time, I'd do it myself.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred