[physfs] Adding Support for Custom Archives

Christoph Nelles evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Fri Aug 6 20:00:22 EDT 2010

Am 06.08.2010 22:50, schrieb Dave Kiddell:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 10:18:12AM +0200, Christoph Nelles wrote:
>> My primary goal is the ability to compile files into my executables which
>> can be used in the same manner as files on the HDD and possibly overriden
>> by files there, or vice versa.
>
> I am pretty ignorant but I've heard that PhysFS is able to open a
> self-extracting zip file as an archive. You can pass it argv[0] on a
> Unix system and it behaves like a normal zip file (i think).. this is not a
> solution if you want to write files to the archive or the NFS stuff
> you mentioned.

Yes, it is. But if you look at the code how it works
(zip_find_end_of_central_dir) then you won't believe it works. Btw. Zip
itself is capable to skip a lot of non-zip data at the begin of a file.
We use it at work for some kind of SFX on an exotic system.

I find the implementation i have in mind "cleaner". I am working on a
lib and i want to distribute some fallback/error stuff like symbols with it.

--
Christoph Nelles

E-Mail    : evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Jabber    : eazrael at evilazrael.net      ICQ       : 78819723

PGP-Key   : ID 0x424FB55B on subkeys.pgp.net
            or http://evilazrael.net/pgp.txt