[physfs] PhysicsFS 2.1 roadmap...

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Tue Mar 31 13:10:33 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 29. März 2009 04:18:56 schrieb Ryan C. Gordon:
> - Write support for various archives. I haven't decided how to do this
> yet, but I'd like to.
> - New archive types: .tar(.bz2|.gz), maybe .rar, other requests.
What about using something like libarchive to deal with the underlying
"lowlevel" tasks? (But provide possibility for own implementations if
libarchive is missing them.) Maybe this would even spread archive types like
PAK to regular applications, if the implementation was moved from PhysFS into
libarchive.

Just something I thought about recently...

Greetings,
DevUrandom