[physfs] Fix PhysicsFS 1.0.2 build error on Mac OS X

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Aug 24 08:46:11 EDT 2009

> PhysicsFS 1.0.2 fails to build on Mac OS X 10.4.11 with the following
> error message.
>
> +      LIBS="-lreadline -lcurses $LIBS"

We're probably not going to do another 1.0.x release, so it's not worth
fixing this properly (2.0 doesn't use configure.in anymore), but this
patch would make PhysicsFS itself depend on readline, when it's just an
optional feature of the test program.

I'm not sure why Mac OS X is ignoring the BUILD_READLINE setting, but
it's probably another esoteric automake quirk. It's why we moved to CMake.

I would encourage you to move to PhysicsFS 2.0, but if you have to use
1.0 for any reason, you can run configure with --disable-readline on Mac
OS X (or perhaps: LDFLAGS="-lreadline -lcurses" ./configure ...)