[physfs] 7z/lzma in trunk

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Wed Sep 27 07:01:47 EDT 2006

I just did some benchmarking.

The current implementation is _very_ slow when working with files a little
bigger than the TODO or sourcecode files I initially tested it with.
That is because SzExtract calculates the CRC digest of the requested file on
_every_ call.
Extracting 10000*10 bytes from a 1000000 bytes file wasn't finished after 10
minutes. But at least it doesn't crash anymore. ;)

I will create a new implementation of SzExtract in lzma.c and use that
instead.

After I hardfixed the CRC calculation I tested with random access on 2 files.
Was very slow, too. Even more than expected... I'll use multiple caches in the
next version...

--Dennis