[physfs] Compiling PhysicsFS 1.0.X under msys (zlib installed)

Bjørn Lindeijer bjorn at lindeijer.nl
Mon Oct 23 09:55:16 EDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Anthony Cassidy <anthonytcassidy at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks heaps for the quick reply :)
>
> As for using physicsfs 1.1.0,  mana worlds configure script returns this
> problem "checking for PHYSFS_init in -lphysfs... no"
>
> This isnt so much an issue for you guys, as a mana world problem.
>
> Thanks again for your help

Hehe, as far as "you guys" go, I am actually a TMW developer. If the
check on PHYSFS_init fails it's generally not a TMW problem though.
It's probably the compiler unable to find libphysfs.so or similar (at
least as far as I know PHYSFS_init is still around in 1.1.0).

For more details on why configure says "no", check your config.log.
TMW should configure just fine with 1.1.0, the reason we tell you not
to use it is only because it'll crash when you try to run it.

Btw, note that we support the use of Dev-C++ as well as Code::Blocks
for compiling TMW, and a DevPak is provided with all the necessary
dependencies (including the right version of PhysFS). So maybe you
could just save yourself the trouble of compiling them all yourself
and go with that.

Regards,
Bjørn