can't crosscompile - ./configure error

Francisco Gonzalez lqtys at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 20 01:26:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to crosscompile physfs for the arm processor. But it fails
at ./configure stage.

Here's the output of ./configure:

frajan at melee ~/svn/physfs
$ ./configure --host=arm-unknown-linux-gnu  --target=arm-unknown-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnu
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for arm-unknown-linux-gnu-strip... arm-unknown-linux-gnu-strip
checking for arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc... arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Here's the config.log:

configure:2429: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2432: arm-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/lib/libc.so.6: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2435: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "physfs"
| #define VERSION "1.0.1"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2474: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Is ./configure trying to run the arm binary on my x86-64 processor? :-S

I can crosscompile others programs/libs without problems, as I've
crosscompiled libSDL and related libs.