[physfs] setSaneConfig and .folder

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Tue Jan 25 21:59:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 06:08, Adam D. Moss wrote:
> A user has reported that (for whatever reason), my program's
> PHYSFS_setSaneConfig("blah", ...) is failing.  He
> hasn't forwarded me the appropriate logs/message to back
> this up in any way, but he reckons that this is because
> he is on NTFS (on WinXPsp1) where .blah is not a legal
> filename.
>
> Can anyone validate this assertion?
Nope there is no validity at all to that assertion.
".blah" is perfectly legal on NTFS.. as Gaim creates a .gaim directory
to store it's configuration when running on windows.

Odds are he probably has some file permission problems with his profile
in windows.

as the btb <at> icculus.org mentioned windows Explorer won't allow you
to create a filename or directory with just an extension, but doing from
the command line works fine. (cmd.exe then mkdir .blah)

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/