[physfs] physfs tutorial

Robby Dermody robbyd at p9i.com
Thu Jan 15 12:15:32 EST 2004

A quick question regarding physfs usage (probably something stupid I'm
missing). I'm using Cygwin and physfs 0.1.9 (looked at the function in the
1.0.0 source and it looks the same, I have a large project and it would be a
pain switching to 1.0.0 at this time unless it fixes this)

I initialized physfs fine, passed it argv[0] ("./gcm") which is the name of
my program.

The problem is that PHYSFS_AddToSearchPath() keeps returning a zero with no
failure reason. I have my archive files residing in a different directory
than my program.

I call it with a archive path arg such as

Also, it doesn't work under test_physfs.exe as well:

addarchive ../../respacks/built/TestTheme/resource/terrain.rff 0
Failure. reason: (null).

terrain.rff is a valid zip file, I have tried renaming it to zip, and it
didn't add then either. addToSearchPath looks pretty simple....I have a
hunch it's something in buildDirInfo, but why would it mess up with this

Thanks for any help, it's probably something stupid I didn't do :)