[physfs] Not finding any directories

Tom Wilson t.wilson at hazid.com
Thu Dec 16 06:04:28 EST 2004

Berry, David wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have the following code
>
> char **rc = PHYSFS_enumerateFiles("music");
>
>  char **i;

http://icculus.org/physfs/docs/html/physfs_8h.html#a29

I think the documentation for "PHYSFS_enumerateFiles" indicates that NO
directory names will be returned in the array.

 From the docs:

Matching directories are interpolated. That is, if "C:\mydir" is in the
search path and contains a directory "savegames" that contains "x.sav",
"y.sav", and "z.sav", and there is also a "C:\userdir" in the search
path that has a "savegames" subdirectory with "w.sav" [snip]

...will print:

  * We've got [x.sav].
  * We've got [y.sav].
  * We've got [z.sav].
  * We've got [w.sav].

So, here you have in the search path
C:\mydir
C:\userdir

and the following files:

C:\mydir\savegames\x.sav
C:\mydir\savegames\y.sav
C:\mydir\savegames\z.sav
C:\userdir\savegames\w.sav

and it clearly isn't showing "savegames" or even ".", ".." in the list
which would of course exist on (some?) file systems.

I don't think this function is going to do what you need.  Perhaps you
could use playlists which indicate where the files are stored?

Also, another point is that the docs say:  "We only promise there will
be no duplicates"

so if you had

C:\foo\Ace of Base - All That She Wants.MP3
C:\myMp3s\Ace of Base - All That She Wants.MP3

I *think* you would only get one song returned, even though the two
files may be different remixes.  I haven't tested this though.

HTH

- Tom