[patch] buffered seeking

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Sun Aug 22 04:51:21 EDT 2004

Since the mailing list is active, this is the latest call
for any response whatsoever to my buffered-seek patch which
I've been repeatedly trying to draw attention to for over eight
months now.  Thanks!

The attached patch avoids throwing away our precious buffered
data (and saves an actual abstracted seek() and subsequent re-
buffering) when the user does a seek (forward or backwards) that
is short enough to lay within the currently-buffered region.  The
cost is an abstracted tell() per seek on a buffered handle (very
cheap in real life, I hope).

The patch isn't against HEAD, but it should apply okay.

Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3