[physfs] builtin libz, ARM cross-compile

David Hedbor david at hedbor.org
Mon Mar 31 00:47:37 EST 2003

"Ryan C. Gordon" <icculus at clutteredmind.org> writes:

>> Here's another minor issue  - when I compile physfs using the arm
>> cross compiler (./configure --host=arm-linux to be exact), it fails if
>> I don't have a preinstalled libz.a. After closer investigation it
>> seems like the Makefile in the zlib directory doesn't contain any
>> targets to actually compile the library. Known bug or bitrot (due to
>> having a preinstalled zlib)?
>
> Does this happen even if you run:
>
>    ./configure --enable-internal-zlib

It does indeed.

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `zlib114/libz.la', needed by `libphysfs.la'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/neotron/src/physfs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/neotron/src/physfs'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

some debug:

Considering target file `all'.
 File `all' does not exist.
  Considering target file `all-redirect'.
   File `all-redirect' does not exist.
    Considering target file `all-am'.
     File `all-am' does not exist.
      Pruning file `Makefile'.
     Finished prerequisites of target file `all-am'.
    Must remake target `all-am'.
    Successfully remade target file `all-am'.
   Finished prerequisites of target file `all-redirect'.
  Must remake target `all-redirect'.
  Successfully remade target file `all-redirect'.
 Finished prerequisites of target file `all'.
Must remake target `all'.
Successfully remade target file `all'.
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
What good is an obscenity trial except to popularize literature?