PhysicsFS 0.1.8 released.
Ryan C. Gordon
icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Jan 4 21:02:33 EST 2003
After almost six months, PhysicsFS 0.1.8 is now available.
- New platforms: now portable to *BSD, AtheOS, OS/2, WinNT3, PocketPC.
- New architectures: AMD's x86-64.
- New compilers/environments: Apple Project Builder, MingW32.
- It is now possible to translate all of physfs's strings.
Currently there are translations for English, French, German, Spanish,
and four Russian codepages (koi8-r, cp1251, cp866, and iso-8859-5).
- A buffering API has been added to aid performance.
- New zipfile driver. Significantly faster and less resource-hungry than
the previous version.
- Debian package support has been added.
- Bindings for the Ruby programming language are included as an "extra".
- Lots of other tweaks, fixes, cleanups, and optimizations.
Complete, rambling Changelog:
Binaries will be forthcoming if I ever have time, but don't wait for them;
build from source.
Thank you to everyone that contributed to this release!
More information about the physfs