General question about archive search paths and prefixes

Robby Dermody robbyd at p9i.com
Mon Dec 22 02:14:58 EST 2003

Hey,

I have a few archive files with similar directory structures that I'd like
to be sitting in the same directory.

so for example:

foo.zip
   001/
       bla.txt
   002/

bar.zip
   001/
       bla.txt
       dog.txt

What I'd like to do is be able to access bla.txt in foo.zip sometimes, but
other times access bla.txt in bar.zip ....i.e. by like foo.zip/001/bla.txt
and bar.zip/001/bla.txt or something similar. But, from what I understand of
physfs is that this is not how it is designed. I can't access in the format
of <archivefile>/001/bla.txt and if I try to get 001/bla.txt I will always
be getting the bla.txt in the archive that's first in the search path.

Is there a way to do this, or do I need to either stick each archive in
different directories and use a single searchpath or have a different parent
directory in each archive, like:

foo.zip
   foo/
      001/