[physfs] build problems with 0.1.9 on cygwin -- FIXED

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Dec 8 07:39:47 EST 2003

> First one involved the BAIL_IF_MACRO on line 375 of win32.c ....apparently
> gcc (2.95.4) doesn't like that INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES define. (I get an
> issue with an unrecognized '-' token, weird). Changing that macro to just
> the literal 0xFFFFFFFF (which is what it is in the first place) fixes the
> problem.

Probably Cygwin's headers #define this, too, and we respect their
definition over ours. I just changed the macro to PHYSFS_INVALID_*
instead.

> The second is with your LOW/HIGHORDER_UINT64 macros in
> __PHYSFS_platformSeek() (declared on line 32 and 33 in win32.c, and is used
> around line 818 in win32.c), with the HIGHORDER one in this function, gcc
> will generate a warning that the value returned from it is too big to fit
> into that DWORD. So, I changed the macros and it seemed to like them:

No, I forgot to bitshift the HIGHORDER one. This only causes problems if
you try to work with a > 2 gigabyte file, so no one noticed. Fixed now, I
think.

Grab the latest from CVS for these fixes; thanks!