API breakage.

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Mar 24 15:02:37 EST 2002

I have added some typedefs to make sure we can get specific size integers
as needed, and have changed some PhysicsFS functions to use them (notably,
file i/o can deal with 64-bit files, for platforms that can/will support
that).

This breaks binary compatibility with previous PhysicsFS releases, and, in
some cases, it may break source compatibility in minor ways. Better to do
this now than after an official stable release.

I will be updating ParaGUI, playsound, and Build later today to respect
these changes.

I have also started moving from stdio to platform-specific i/o calls,
which makes the library more portable in the long run.

For now, expect anything you pull from CVS to be broken. It will probably
remain broken for the next 24 hours or so, as all the code gets updated to
match the API changes.

On another note, Gregory S. Read has been improving the win32 code, so
that it respects WinNT file system layouts for user dirs, etc. Thanks, Greg.