[openbox] Trouble with keystroke on the list of windows

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Sat May 13 12:38:41 EDT 2023

Alessandro Vesely <vesely at tana.it> wrote:

> On Sat 13/May/2023 01:56:54 +0200 u34 wrote:
> > Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've been using Openbox for seven years and this is the first time
> >> I found something less than optimal...
> >>
> >> There's a window list that shows all windows open on all workspaces.
> >> Normally, I navigate this list with the keyboard: I press a key and
> >> focus moves to the next window whose title begins with the name I
> >> typed, and if there's only one, that window opens immediately. Perfect!
> >>

> > Nice. Is this feature documented? Where? Which search string can find it
> > easily in the Internet?
> > Until now, I didn't know the menu has a similar feature for navigation.
>

> That's not the window list you get with alt-tab, is it?  Does it come with an
> additional taskbar?  What is it?

I refered to the windows list obtained by momentarily pressing the middle,
2nd, mouse button. When the mouse is located at the root (background) window.
    <!-- Menus -->
    <mousebind button="Middle" action="Press">
    </mousebind>
From my rc.xml.
With my configuration,
  <!-- Keybindings for window switching -->
  <keybind key="A-Tab">
    <action name="NextWindow">
      <finalactions>
        <action name="Focus"/>
        <action name="Raise"/>
        <action name="Unshade"/>
      </finalactions>
    </action>
  </keybind>
I believe those settings are very common.

--
u34