[openbox] Key Chain Broken by Multiple Keyboards

Mikael Magnusson mikachu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 16:54:30 EDT 2023

On 6/26/23, The Administrator <admin at nosuck.org> wrote:
> Thank you for the insight.
>
> 2023-06-26, 18:39, Mikael Magnusson:
>> What does 'xinput list' show for you? In particular, are both keyboard
>> slave devices listed under the same master device?
>
> Yes.  For full output, please see the attachment.  The two keyboards are
> each named “MYKB MK48mx”.
>
>> ... we do two things when entering a chain: change an internal variable to
>>
>> say where in the binding tree we are currently, and bind the keys inside
>>
>> the chain and unbind the keys outside.
>
> I take it that happens in keyboard_bind and tree_assimilate?  Thank you for
>
> the pointers.  I will try and wrap my head around this, when I find some
> time.

grab_keys in keyboard.c calls grab_key in grab.c which does the actual
call to XGrabKey, so it would be interesting to see if that fails;
keyboard_event in keyboard.c handles keyboard events (unsurprisingly),
something could theoretically go wrong there too. I don't think
following the internal logic for moving around in the binding tree is
likely to result in anything useful, but I could be wrong.

--
Mikael Magnusson