[openbox] Key Chain Broken by Multiple Keyboards

The Administrator admin at nosuck.org
Mon Jun 26 04:25:37 EDT 2023

2023-06-26, 04:01, Steve Litt:
> I doubt any software anywhere would recognize "W+h" if the two keys are on
> two different keyboards.

Openbox does.

> Are there any other keyboard defs on "W+a p"?

No.

> Try "W+a" followed by other keys on the other keyboard. If it really is
> that the "p" can be replaced by any other letter on the other keyboard
> without working, I'd consider THAT a bug.

I tried binding to p, n, j, k, and space--all on the other keyboard.  Each
resulted in the chain immediately breaking.  No action is executed.

I also tried following “W-a” with keys on the other keyboard to which
*nothing* is bound.  With these, the chain is broken, no action is executed
(of course), but the non-bound key additionally goes through to the window.

> By the way, in what way do you position two keyboards to be even halfway
> comfortable and ergonomic?

Wake up after a long night's sleep.  Suppressing all thoughts about
computers to the best of your ability, approach a large, flat surface.
Slowly but deliberately lower your hands onto the surface.  This is your new
typing position.